Sunday, 1 February 2015

Lifestyle | January Favourites

Happy first of February my lovelies!

As we enter the month of romance, or complaining about our lack there of, I thought I would share my favourite things of the first month of 2015. January was a stressful month of Uni exams but of course I found a few beautiful gems to make my month more cheerful.

Fashion Favourites
I will start of with my favourite fashion item of January which is this gorgeous high neck jumper from ASOS. Linked here. Priced at £35 it doesn't break the bank. Its not your average turtle neck with no fold down or gathered material around the neck. This jumper is a slouchy fit with turned up, full length sleeves and is incredibly soft. It is super cosy and can be worn with skinny jeans, maxi skirts or dressed up with a mini skirt and booties. Cannot recommend this beauty enough!


My next fashion favourite are these gorgeous chunky heeled ankle boots from Topshop (£42, I think). They are super soft faux leather and go well with absolutely any outfit. They give a bit of an edge to a casual outfit or can be paired with a dress for a night out. Simple but effective. 



Beauty Favourites

Just before Christmas I couldn't help but notice the Anastasia Contour Kit all over my favourite beauty bloggers instagram accounts so I knew I had to pick one up. I've had a good length of time to test it out and I absolutely love it. The first three 'highlight' shades are great for hiding dark under eyes and highlighting the top of your cheekbones. Also the choice of contour colours allow each person to find the right mix for their skintone. I probably over contour my cheekbone area as I like them to really stand out and the dark choice is perfect for me. The only downside is that this product needs to be shipped from America so before purchasing make sure to check for the best prices online. 


My second beauty fave was actually a gift from my boyfriends parents for Christmas. It is this gorgeous scenic illustrated make-up/toiletry bag from Ted Baker. It is just a beautiful bag which is the perfect size to fit my basic everyday make up and pop it in my hand bag. How cute!

Skincare Favourites


I am prone to dry skin, especially in Winter so this nourishing pair of Molton Brown products are ideal and have been a life saver this month. The hand wash doesn't leave your hands with that drying feeling I get from most soaps and although I personally can't smell it (boohoo) I've had people comment on how good both products smell. The hand lotion is something I use around twice a day to keep moisture in my skin and to stop my hands hurting whilst I work. As I work in retail handling money and general manual work can leave my hands cracked. I have seen and felt a clear difference in the past 30 days. 


Foodie Favourite


Every January we all strive to be a bit healthier and I am no exception, so this month I decided to include these yummy Alpen bars in my favourites. I chose the chocolate and fudge ones because lets face it they sound way nicer than berries and they are only 70 calories per bar. Perfect for guilt free snacking!


Extra Favourite

This month I began reading 'Catcher in the Rye' by J.D Salinger. I am only around 10 chapters in however I am truly loving it. It is a classic, for those of you who don't know the story it is basically about a teenage boy leaving school and exploring New York. It is light hearted and amusing, so far anyway. I am really looking forward to reading the rest. (note my beautiful bookmark from Italy from my better half)




Hope you enjoyed my first monthly favourites! Let me know yours in the comments.

Catch yous later x


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Loving those boots! x

    corinnexdavies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh love the jumper, turtlenecks have definitely been my fashion favourite of the motnh, I've lived in them!!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are super cute. I feel like im in an episode of friends wearing them!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've nominated you for the Leibster award, If you want to know what it's about check out my most recent post x

    http://corinnexdavies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou though a few posts back ive already done it
      thanks for the thought x

      Delete
  5. Hey!
    I nominated you for the Liebster award!
    Check it out on my blog xxxx
    lasheslinerlove.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ankle boots and I'd like to try the Anastasia contour kit but I'm afraid that the highlight shades are too dark for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these picks! one of my january favourites would have to be 'friends'
    i started watching and i just can't stop. love the show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Friends! I watched every episode 10x over growing up. What a good choice :)

      x

      Delete
  8. Hello! Lovely blog :) I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

    www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/02/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photo's, really professional! Your blog design is fab too! X

    Silk and Sparkles ootd on the blog now-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete

© Jacksons Cup of Tea. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig